Welcome to Communities 1st
Communities 1st and COVID-19
Lots of people are getting in touch to offer support in response to the COVID-19 outbreak. We think that's wonderful and want to make sure that everyone who can offer support is able to do so, to do this safely and where it will be most useful. Communities 1st's job is to ensure people's offers of help are directed to where it is most needed. Once you have submitted your information we will get in touch to tell you what would be most useful and where you should go to offer your support. Visit our COVID-19 News and Updates page for the latest local Coronavirus (COVID-19) information and support.
To volunteer - if you would like to volunteer and become a Compassionate Community Connector click here
If you are from a charity or community group which needs volunteers or help, complete our Support for voluntary sector organisations form here or visit our Resource Hub for useful information, guides and resources
If you're in an at risk group and need help or support please complete our online form here. The purpose of this form is to collect your contact details so we can help connect you to support from a volunteer in your community. We will ask some other questions to find out more about the kind of help you need. If you need any help completing this form, please contact Communities 1 st on 020 8207 5115 or email email@example.com
For Ideas and inspiration for fun things to do at home, please visit Covid19Ideas
In response to the COVID-19 outbreak Communities 1st is working in partnership with St Albans City and District Council, Hertsmere Borough Council, Hertfordshire County Council, Broxbourne & East Herts and Welwyn/Hatfield Volunteer Centres, #TeamHerts, Harpenden Cares, London Colney Good Neighbour Scheme, Citizens Advice, plus many other member organisations.
Who we are
We are a membership organisation, dedicated to supporting the Voluntary, Community, Faith, CIC, Social Enterprises and small-medium sized Businesses based or working in the districts of St Albans and Hertsmere.
Working to build inclusive, empowering and vibrant local communities.
To work with people across all sectors to make a positive and sustained impact on the wellbeing of local people through Support, Knowledge, Voice, Infrastructure and Innovation.
- Help for charities and groups – please visit our member’s area, training and services
- If you would like to volunteer for either us or another local group or charity, please visit us here
- If you’re an organisation that would like volunteers, please click here
- To book a game of lawn/green bowls, visit our page at Aberford Bowls
- If you have mobility problems and would like to book community transport, visit our Travel Link page
- For people who would like to use our trusted handyperson service, you can visit us here
- To book one of our halls (Aberford Community Centre, Farriers Way Centre and Windsor Hall, visit us here
- To find out what community activities, training or day trips are happening, visit our calendar of events