About the opportunity
Communities 1st are committed to creating opportunities of true value for companies with whom we partner and will work alongside partner organisations to plan and execute meaningful projects and opportunities to meet both the Charity’s and the company’s unique objectives.
We are looking for a Corporate Business Sponsorship Volunteer to make a significant contribution to the team and the work of the charity through developing new initiatives and growing our sponsor and business partner relationships.
What will I be doing?
These are our initial ideas, but we definitely welcome your input, based on your experience:
- Develop a plan and budget, with the charity's Chief Executive
- Develop appealing sponsorship packages for businesses in the local community, to attract their support
- Get to know Community Hertsmere's projects and activities so you can describe Communities 1st to local businesses in a way that makes sense to them, and helps them see what they’d gain from sponsoring Communities 1st
- Reach out to local businesses to create relationships that benefit both parties -- probably via existing local business networks and events
About the Organisation
Communities 1st represents the community and voluntary sector in Hertsmere, are the Hertsmere Volunteer Centre as well as providing a wide range of Community Development Projects.
Communities 1st aims to develop and promote a healthier and more thriving community by supporting and enabling people to become more actively involved in the community. We encourage individual volunteering and support groups working to achieve benefits for our community. We promote new activities, provide a voice and influence policymakers.
Our specific projects have been supported by reputable funders such as the National Lottery, European Social Fund, Hertfordshire County Council, Hertsmere Borough Council and Affinity Sutton Housing as well as many local businesses.
We involve volunteers in a variety of roles and have something to suit all skills, talents, interests and availability. You will be valued and supported in whichever role you decide to undertake and the chances are you'll have fun too!
What are they looking for?
We are looking for someone with the following skills and experience
- Committed to working with the community with a passion for helping others less fortunate.
- Knowledge of the business world
- Building relationships with corporates & businesses
- Good written skills able to speak confidently with variety of stakeholders
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to monitor and maintain own standards and pay attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills
- Flexible approach and willingness to work as part of a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft word
- Ability to work independently and ask for clarification when needed
- Commit at least 1 day per month
This opportunity is suitable for those people who would like to get office based experience.
No formal qualifications or prior guiding experience are required to volunteer with us.
We welcome volunteers from all backgrounds and abilities.
A full charity induction will be given before the volunteer starts with us and ongoing training is offered depending on which event you are working on.
Home based and in your local area.
References will be required from applications and will be taken up.
Please apply asap as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Volunteers MUST be over 16 (or be accompanied by an adult if under 16).
A minimum of six months commitment is required.
- Once a number of sessions have been completed we will be happy to provide a reference.
- Gain basic office skills, with an opportunity to progress into more varied roles.
- Out of pocket expenses reimbursed.
- Satisfaction of helping people
- Positive work environment, part of the friendly Community Hertsmere team
- Training in Equality and Diversity, Customer Service