Before you can register your interest for this opportunity you must be registered as a volunteer.
This is an opportunity for the right person to focus on serving the community of Redbourn by keeping the village connected and helping volunteers to support others.
Opportunity Type: Long-term Commitment
District: St Albans
Location: From your office, Indoor
Time of day: Full Working Week, Weekday Mornings, Weekday Afternoons, Weekend Half Days
Practical Considerations: A few hours a month are required for this role.
Requirements: Relevant qualification or training, Will require a criminal record check (DBS)
Suitable for: 18 – 25 year olds, Aged 26 and over, Older People
Suitable for volunteers interested in: Trusteeship & Governance
Does this opportunity provide wheelchair access?: Yes
The key criteria for this role are an awareness of the importance of
community, experience of trusteeship or other leadership and good
communication skills and openness. In this role you will lead the Trustees and volunteers of RCG to make a difference to the community. Effective plans are already in place but 2024 brings an opportunity for the Board of Trustees to review the business
plan and set the strategy for the next few years.
· To ensure Redbourn Community Group (RCG) is carrying out its purpose for the public benefit in accordance with the vision, mission, strategic plan and values
· To fully comply with its governing document and all legal/regulatory requirements, including those of the Charity Commission
· Act in the best interests of the charity as agreed and defined by its constitution, mission, strategy and values
· Act with reasonable care and skill
· Manage the charity’s resources responsibly
· With other Trustees ensure the Charity complies with Statutory accounting and reporting requirements
· Jointly with other Trustees, hold the charity ‘in trust’ for current and future beneficiaries