Before you can register your interest for this opportunity you must be registered as a volunteer.
Our retail volunteers are often the first and only contact that our customers have with RGP and provide a friendly and welcoming service, so helping to increase the chances of customers becoming loyal supporters.
Opportunity Type: Long-term Commitment
Time of day: Weekday Mornings, Weekday Afternoons, Weekend Full Days, Weekend Half Days
Practical Considerations: This is a physical role, where volunteers will be moving around the shop, and may need to stand for much of the time. Our managers will give support and training. Reasonable out of pocket expenses will be paid
Suitable for: 14 - 15 Years Old With Accompanied Adult, 16 – 17 year olds, 18 – 25 year olds, Aged 26 and over, School students, University students, Families, Older People, People with a visual impairment, People with restricted mobility, Rehabilitation friendly
Suitable for volunteers interested in: End of Life, Bereavement & Hospices, Retail
Does this opportunity provide wheelchair access?: No
Our friendly team at our Maylands shop are looking for people who are happy with:
• Using the cash till
• Receiving donations
• Sorting, valuing, pricing and displaying donations of all kinds, and steaming clothes
• Supporting the retail managers and assistant to cull and replenish stock regularly to keep displays fresh
• Engaging with customers and encouraging them to buy lottery tickets and sign up for Gift Aid
• General housekeeping to keep the shop floor and back room clean and safe
• Engaging with mandatory training