Before you can register your interest for this opportunity you must be registered as a volunteer.
Hertbeats is urgently wanting to re-start issuing quarterly newsletters to its (roughly 180) members, a practice which stopped during the Covid pandemic.
You would be part of the Hertbeats team but would not have to attend meetings in person so the work could be carried out remotely online.
Opportunity Type: Long-term Commitment
District: St Albans
Location: From home, Online, Indoor
Time of day: Weekday Mornings, Weekday Afternoons, Weekday Evenings
Practical Considerations: Requirements:
· Ability to use Word, Excel and desktop publishing software (such as Microsoft Publisher)
· Good organisational skills – the information from the variety of sources received over several weeks has to be collated accurately.
· Access to a printer to print out the mailing labels (Hertbeats will reimburse the cost of labels etc)
· Ability to use the website mailing system to send out the bulk emails.
Requirements: Relevant qualification or training
Suitable for: 18 – 25 year olds, Aged 26 and over, University students, Older People, People with restricted mobility
Suitable for volunteers interested in: Health and Wellbeing, Voluntary & Community Action
Does this opportunity provide wheelchair access?: No
· Receive and acknowledge contributions for the newsletter.
· Occasionally contact people (Hertbeats members or otherwise) to request contributions for the newsletter following suggestions from the Hertbeats committee.
· Edit contributions to ensure that the content is appropriate and of a suitable length for inclusion.
· Design and prepare the newsletter for final approval by the committee.
· Liaise with the printer for the small number of printed copies.
· Liaise with the membership secretary to obtain the address labels for the printed copies.
· Use the website mailing system to send out the electronic copies of the newsletter.